Men’s best shoes for plantar fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is not only painful but impedes on the quality of life that a person can have. The best shoes for plantar fasciitis will correct the cause of heel pain and get you your life back. Plantar fasciitis can be treated, you don’t have to suffer with heel pain. Watch the short video below for an interesting demonstration.
The plantar fascia is a thick connective tissue that supports the arch on the bottom of the foot. It is attached to the heel bone and runs forward to the bone between each toe and the bones of the mid foot. If your foot pronates too much, your ankle will roll too far downward and inward with each step. This can cause the arch to collapse. Walking and running on unnatural hard surfaces with shoes that doesn’t provide adequate support also contribute to the collapsing of the arch. Have you found your shoe size getting bigger? The foot elongates when the arch start to collapse.
When the arch collapses it creates a pulling strain at the heel where the plantar fascia attaches, resulting in pain. Plantar fasciitis is prone to develop in flat, low and excessively high arched feet. Plantar fasciitis related heel pain originates from a misalignment in the foot. Like a domino effect the misalignment extends through the leg and is likely to cause knee and even back pain. Wearing supportive shoes that have good arch support and a slightly raised heel reduces stress on the plantar fascia. Orthotic shoes can relieve plantar fasciitis heel pain by supporting the arch of your foot to align your feet to their natural position.
What are the best shoes for plantar fasciitis?
In short, shoes specifically designed for the purpose. Our feet are intended for natural soft surfaces such as soil, sand and grass. The best shoes for plantar fasciitis allows for natural foot function by mimicking the way our feet would respond on natural surfaces. Doctor Oz and Doctor Weil, both health gurus recommend the same brand of footwear as we do. The best shoes for plantar fasciitis pain relief and comfort truly is the “Vionic” formerly known as “Orthaheel” range of footwear.
Aligning your feet back to their natural, healthy position helps prevent and relieve a variety of foot problems including heel pain, heel spurs, plantar fasciitis, ball of foot pain and bunions. By helping your body stay properly aligned, these innovative shoes can also ease back and leg pain so you can enjoy the things you love to do. It also doesn’t hurt that most of them look good too. (Yes, we know 🙂 ) Let’s have a look at what Orthaheel technology is all about.
- Bio mechanical Tri Planar Motion Control Technology provides realignment, stability and support. Keeps feet within their normal boundaries for ranges of motion.
- Podiatrist-designed to help you become pain free from plantar fasciitis associated heel pain.
- Shock absorbent material. Softer and more comfortable than traditional orthotics.
- Recognized by the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA). Most of them bear the APMA Seal of Acceptance/Approval.
- It is one of the few footwear brands to have clinically demonstrated the ability to promote good foot health.
Orthaheel Women’s Relax Slipper
Vionic Women’s Tide II Toe Post Sandal
Womens Orthaheel, Walker athletic shoe
Vionic Women’s Cozy Juniper Moccasin
Rotate your shoes with these quality choices
Vionic Men’s Glenn Slide
Vionic Unisex Wave Orthotic Sandal
Vionic Mens Endurance Walking Shoes
Helpful details to know
So there you have it, the best shoes for plantar fasciitis to relieve pain and improve your quality of life. You might still be wondering if there is anything else you need to know… There is a couple of important points that we would like to make you aware of if you don’t know them already.
- Wear your new Vionic footwear for only a few hours a day for the first few days to allow your feet to adjust to the new level of orthotic support.
- When ordering shoes online it is best to check the product description to see if there is a notification regarding true fit shoe size.
- You can return your shoes for another size, often with free return shipping.
- If you find a speciality store that stock the shoes you want, it would be a good idea to fit them in store and compare the price online. The price can vary greatly.
- To preserve the appearance of your shoes, it is best to use a dry, cotton cloth to clean the leather from dirt and dust.
- Cleaners which contain acid or detergents should be avoided as they may damage and prematurely age leather.
- When using a product to clean with, first test it on a small discrete area and allow it to dry.
- If your shoes become wet, it is best to allow them to dry naturally.
Now that your feet are on their way to feeling better, we would like you to come by again for a visit and share your improvement with us. We love helping people and hearing about their happiness.